We are so excited for the 2019-2020 school year! Below are some of the YMS Dress Code reminders. The Dress Code was also discussed with the students during our town hall meeting on Wednesday, August 14, 2019.
1. The following examples constitute inappropriate dress and may not be worn at school: tight sweat pants, miniskirts, pants worn down below the waistline, tank tops, decals, slogans, or “sayings” on clothes that are rude, vulgar, advertise alcohol or alcoholic beverages, pictures or slogans that promote illegal drugs or gang activity, racially or sexually offensive or reference illegal or immoral behavior and weapons.
2. Blouses, dresses, and shirts must fully cover the midriff, top of the shoulders and all undergarments. Revealing, bareback blouses and transparent or translucent garments shall not be worn. They should not allow any undergarment or cleavage to show.
3. Dresses, skirts, and shorts should be, before making adjustments, no more than three inches above the knee and not overly tight. If leggings are worn, shirts must be no more than three inches above the knee.
4. Pants with holes or slits may be worn if the holes and slits are below the shorts guidelines.
5. Shoes must have a closed back or sandles must have a strap across the back. No slides without backs may be worn on campus.